Austria PR Visa
If you intend to stay in Austria for more than six months and are not an EEA citizen or a Swiss national, then you will need to get a residence permit. Austria offers different types of resident permits. However, if your period of stay is less than six months, you do not require a residence permit, but you will need a visa.
The application for a residence permit should be made in person and in your home country before you enter Austria. Residence permits are issued for either employment, study or research. You need to have a fixed and regular source of income to meet your living costs.
- You must submit only complete applications
- They must be submitted in person
- If the applicant is a minor, then the application should be signed by both the parents
- Processing time will require at least one month because all applications must the sent to Austria
- Valid passport with at least three months validity from the date of return
- Completed application form with receipt for payment of consular fees
- Recent passport size photo
- Notarized copy of your birth certificate
- Certificate proving good conduct and absence of any criminal record
- Proof of health, travel and accident insurance coverage
- Proof of having enough funds
- Proof of having arranged accommodation in Austria
HOW CAN Y-AXIS HELP YOU?
- Advise you on the documentation that will be required for the visa
- Advise you on how the funds needed for the visa need to be shown
- Complete the application process
- Review your documents needed for the visa application
- Help you prepare for a visa interview in case one is required
Who needs a residence permit?
Third country nationals – that is, those that are neither European Economic Area (EEA) citizens nor Swiss nationals – require a residence permit for Austria if they plan on staying longer than 6 months in Austria.
What is the Red-White-Red Card?
If you are a qualified worker from a third country and wish to live as well as work in Austria, you will have to apply for the Red-White-Red Card.
The Red-White-Red Card is a residence and work permit issued with a validity of 2 years. The holder of a Red-White-Red Card is entitled to a fixed-term settlement in Austria as well as employment with a particular employer (that is, the employer specified in your application).
Simply put, the Red-White-Red Card is a single permit for qualified third country nationals and their families for working and settling in Austria permanently.
Can I apply for Red-White-Red Card without a job offer?
No, you cannot apply for Red-White-Red Card without a valid employment offer.
For being eligible for the Red-White-Red Card, you must –
- Reach the points required
- Meet the general requirements
- Have an employment offer with an Austrian employer
You can apply for the Red-White-Red Card only if you meet the above-mentioned criteria.
What if I change employers while on Red-White-Red Card?
If, for any reason, there is a change of employer within the first 2 years of your stay in Austria, you will be required to apply for a new Red-White-Red Card.
Can I get my family to Austria on my Red-White-Red Card?
Yes. The members of your family will have to apply for the Red-White-Red Card plus.
Who all are included in family members?
For the Red-White-Red Card plus, family members mean –
- Registered partners (same sex)
- Unmarried minor children below 18 years. Stepchildren and adopted children included.
speak to a counsellor
We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.