Austria PR Visa

If you intend to stay in Austria for more than six months and are not an EEA citizen or a Swiss national, then you will need to get a residence permit. Austria offers different types of resident permits. However, if your period of stay is less than six months, you do not require a residence permit, but you will need a visa.

The application for a residence permit should be made in person and in your home country before you enter Austria. Residence permits are issued for either employment, study or research. You need to have a fixed and regular source of income to meet your living costs.

Application process
  • You must submit only complete applications
  • They must be submitted in person
  • If the applicant is a minor, then the application should be signed by both the parents
  • Processing time will require at least one month because all applications must the sent to Austria
Documents Required
  • Valid passport with at least three months validity from the date of return
  • Completed application form with receipt for payment of consular fees
  • Recent passport size photo
  • Notarized copy of your birth certificate
  • Certificate proving good conduct and absence of any criminal record
  • Proof of health, travel and accident insurance coverage
  • Proof of having enough funds
  • Proof of having arranged accommodation in Austria
  • Advise you on the documentation that will be required for the visa
  • Advise you on how the funds needed for the visa need to be shown
  • Complete the application process
  • Review your documents needed for the visa application
  • Help you prepare for a visa interview in case one is required
Who needs a residence permit?

Third country nationals – that is, those that are neither European Economic Area (EEA) citizens nor Swiss nationals – require a residence permit for Austria if they plan on staying longer than 6 months in Austria.

What is the Red-White-Red Card?

If you are a qualified worker from a third country and wish to live as well as work in Austria, you will have to apply for the Red-White-Red Card.

The Red-White-Red Card is a residence and work permit issued with a validity of 2 years. The holder of a Red-White-Red Card is entitled to a fixed-term settlement in Austria as well as employment with a particular employer (that is, the employer specified in your application).

Simply put, the Red-White-Red Card is a single permit for qualified third country nationals and their families for working and settling in Austria permanently.

Can I apply for Red-White-Red Card without a job offer?

No, you cannot apply for Red-White-Red Card without a valid employment offer.

For being eligible for the Red-White-Red Card, you must –

  • Reach the points required
  • Meet the general requirements
  • Have an employment offer with an Austrian employer

You can apply for the Red-White-Red Card only if you meet the above-mentioned criteria.

What if I change employers while on Red-White-Red Card?

If, for any reason, there is a change of employer within the first 2 years of your stay in Austria, you will be required to apply for a new Red-White-Red Card.

Can I get my family to Austria on my Red-White-Red Card?

Yes. The members of your family will have to apply for the Red-White-Red Card plus.

Who all are included in family members?

For the Red-White-Red Card plus, family members mean –

  • Spouses
  • Registered partners (same sex)
  • Unmarried minor children below 18 years. Stepchildren and adopted children included.

  • Successes
    1 million
  • Counseled
    10 Million+
  • Experts
    Since 1999
  • Offices
  • TEAM
  • CRM
    WORLD'S #1
    #1 CX
speak to a counsellor
Get started

We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.

I accept the terms & conditions.