US Dependent Visas

Live With Your Family In The Us

As the world’s leading destination for migrants, the US offers several ways to help families live together legally. Whether you are a student or a professional, you can take advantage of existing US visa processes to bring your spouse, children, parents and other relations to the US. With our vast experience, Y-Axis can help you choose the right visa process and apply with confidence.

US Dependent Visa Details

The US allows various visa holders the ability to bring their family to the US. Students, professionals, entrepreneurs and others all have the ability to call their dependents to the US under a variety of visa programs. Some of the most sought after dependent visa processes are listed below:

  • F2 Visa: This is for dependents of F1 visa holders in the US to study. F2 visa holders cannot work or study in the US
  • J2 Visa: This is for dependents of J1 visa holders who are in the US as part of the research, medical or business training
  • H4 Visa: This is a visa issued to family members of H-1B visa holders and allows visa holders to work and study in the US
  • Other dependent visa processes: These are dependent visas for dependents of athletes, scientists, asylum seekers, refugees, witnesses, permanent residents, citizens and others who are legally living in the US and wish to live with their dependents to the US
Documents Required

It is important to create a comprehensive visa application with as much evidence and documentation as possible. Your Y-Axis consultant will assist you with each aspect of the application and help you get your documentation in perfect order. The documents you will need may include:

  • Passport & travel history
  • Background documentation
  • Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate
  • Extensive evidence of relationship including photos
  • Other proof of relationship
  • Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances
  • Completed application & consulate fees
  • English language skills
  • If calling your child, they must be under the age of 18 at the time of application

The H1B dependent visa is called the H4 visa. The H4 dependent visa gives the right to live, study, and work in the US.

Dependents are defined as:

  • Spouse of the H1B visa holder
  • Children under the age of 21 whose parent is an H1B visa holder

The validity of the H4 visa

The validity of the visa is dependent on the visa of the sponsor who is also called the principal applicant.

The visa is usually sponsored by the spouse or parent who has an H1B visa. The H4 visa becomes invalid when the visa of the sponsor expires.

Holders of the H4 visa can:

  • Get a driver’s license
  • Get opportunities to study in the US
  • Qualify for financial services, such as banking and an H4 visa loan

Privileges of the H4 visa holder

  • The holder of the H4 visa may work part-time, full-time or not at all.
  • The H4 visa holder is permitted to start any form of business.
  • The holder of the H4 visa may continue to be eligible for EAD even if he does not seek employment.
How Y-Axis Can Help You?

The US visa application process can be a daunting prospect. Y-Axis will be by your side and assist you throughout the process. Y-Axis consultants are experienced and well-versed with the intricacies of the US immigration process. Your dedicated consultant will help you:

  • Identify and collect all your documents
  • Complete the visa documents checklist
  • Create your application package
  • Fill the various forms and applications accurately
  • Updates & follow up
  • Interview preparation
  • Concierge services

Y-Axis can reunite your family and help you build a life with them in the US. Talk to us to discover our personalised solutions.


How long does it take to get a US Dependent Visa?

The processing times for US Dependent Visa are variable depending on individual circumstances. This Visa depends on H-1B. If the H-1B approval is present, then ideally it should not take more than a week. However, it will take longer if the USCIS has to verify additional details. In this scenario, it may take around 1 month to 2.5 months.

How can I get a Dependent Visa for the USA from India?

The H-4 Visa in the US also is also known as Dependent Visa. The procedure for applying for this Visa is similar to any other type of H Visa. To apply for the US Dependent Visa you will have to:

  • Fill the digital Form DS -160
  • Pay the fees for H-4 Visa
  • Schedule the appointment for the Visa interview
  • Submit all the documents required for the Visa
  • Attend the interview
  • Obtain the H-4 Visa

Your application and interview will decide whether you will be offered the Visa or not. The status of your application can be checked on the US Embassy website where you have applied. This is by entering the number of your application.

You will be notified by the Embassy once it processes your H-4 Visa application. You will have to go for the procedures for Visa stamping if you have been approved the Visa. This will be the last step to be completed prior to booking your trip to the US.

What documents are required for Dependent Visa for the USA?

The documents needed during the US Dependent Visa interview are:

  • Evidence of marriage that includes Wedding invitation card, Wedding albums, Original Marriage certificate
  • Copy of the Passport/s including those that have expired
  • Letters for verification of employment
  • Fee receipt for the US Visa application
  • Tax returns
  • Pay stubs
  • Form i797A, H-1B primary from
  • Documents of primary H-1B spouse
  • Form i129, H-1B application copy
  • H-1B LCA copy
  • Birth certificate in original if the Dependent Visa applicant is below 14 years
  • Successes
    1 million
  • Counseled
    10 Million+
  • Experts
    Since 1999
  • Offices
  • TEAM
  • CRM
    WORLD'S #1
    #1 CX
speak to a counsellor
Get started

We will connect you to a Y-Axis Consultant ASAP.

I accept the terms & conditions.